When we hear the phrase, “Make It Work”, we instantly think of Tim Gunn, the renowned fashion expert from Project Runway on the Bravo TV Show. His witty sense of humor, his knowledge of fashion, and his passion for honesty make Tim as one of our favorite fashion industry icons.
Tim Gunn and his Chief Creative Officer at Liz Claiborne, Leah Caruso-Salak, hosted the launch of Lucky Brand’s 2011 spring collection fashion show featuring all Lucky Brand clothing and accessories at Bellevue Square Mall today.
Gunn spoke about the importance of style, proportion, and fit when it comes to getting your denim right.
Here are some of the tips Tim Gunn shared:
- When your hips are wider than your waist, a low-rise will fit you better.
- If you’re asking yourself, do I think I can pull this off? Chances are you’ve already answered that question.
- About Maxi dress, “Don’t try to dress it up. That would look silly”.
- Wear what colors look good on you. Most people look good in jewel tones as opposed to pastels.
- Develop your own personal style, try to be objective and be confident that you look good
Tim Gunn recently released his book, Gunn’s Golden Rules: Life’s Little Lessons for Making It Work, published by Gallery Books. The book contains plenty of fashion industry gossip about figures like Vogue editor Anna Wintour, designer Isaac Mizrahi, and Martha Stewart’s daughter, Alexis.
Prior to the show, Lucky Brand held an open casting at its Bellevue store in search of both women and men that represents typical body types. The winners modeled the Lucky Brand product on the runway.
Lucky Brand makes vintage—inspired, American—made denim jeans, as well as tops and tees, shorts, shoes, accessories. Mainly made for women, they also have styles for men. They are sold in 183 stores all over U.S., including Bellevue Square Mall – Level 2.
Coming Up, Lucky Brand’s 2011 Holiday Collection is named Baroque “N” Roll. It’s all about individuality, piecing together eclectic looks that express who you are. It’s the root of what makes us unique.
Photos and Article belongs to Tres Chic Bellevue.